Lamb BiryaniRegular price £25.00
- Orders placed before 12pm will be available for same day collection. Orders placed after 12pm will be available to collect the following day, instructions will be provided at checkout.
- Serves up to 4 people. Tender lamb pieces marinated with yogurt, herbs, fried onions and other spices to sit at the bottom and topped with saffron flavoured rice.
- Naan bread included - view instructions here
- Contains dairy
- Due to the close-knit environment in our kitchen, we sadly cannot guarantee that there won’t be any cross contamination.
What we provide:
- Marinated Lamb
- Garam Masala (for rice)
- Garnish - Coriander, Mint, Fried Onions
- Saffron Mix
What you need:
- Pot with a lid
- Aluminum foil
Step 1: Wash the rice 3 times with cold water and let it soak for approximately 15-20 min.
Step 2: In a pot take about 1.5l of water, add garam masala & 2 tbsp of oil for rice and bring it to boil.
Step 3: Take the water out of soaked rice and put the rice into the boiling water. Once the water starts boiling again with the rice, stir it and check the doneness. The rice should be cooked no more than 70%. Strain the rice and keep it aside.
Step 4: In the same pot, pour in the marinated lamb and let it heat for 5 min on a high flame.
Step 5: Now reduce the flame to medium and add the rice into the pot. Level it up nicely and sprinkle approximately 1 cup of water.
Step 6: Make sure you evenly pour the Saffron mix on top of the rice (this can spread solid or microwave it to get it runny and pour easily)
Step 7: Cover the top with a silver foil and lid it making sure the pot is properly sealed from all sides.
Step 8: Cook on high flame for 5 min and reduce the flame to low and leave it for 30 mins turning the pot every 10 min to make sure the pot has even heat from all sides.
Step 9: Carefully open the lid, at this time you should get an aroma of spices. Garnish & serve!